So my dear friend Annie said the following thing to me before I got my mission call, and I thought it was very suiting:
Your name is TAETEM SIMMS and you have hereby been called to live your aspect as a SERVANT of the LORD in THE LAND OF ??? AND ???.
(Since Irvine is where Newport beach is, as well as in Orange County, I will hereby refer to it as the Land of Beaches and Oranges. This name may change in the future - send me letters/emails, and I’ll definitely make silly somewhat Homestuck references to my mission in this way)
Oh, and the link at the top? That’s my mission blog. My family should be updating it. If you care to write to me, my MTC address, mission address, and mission email are there! I love all of you!
This will be my final post for a long time.
I will miss you, Tumblr. See you again in 18 months.
And that is the last upd8 I’ll get for 18 months. Oh my gosh.
I’m packing. Lots of packing - so can I just stay in pajamas most of the day? Or at least until I have to put on a dress and be set apart as a missionary? (Savoring the pajama day while it lasts)
If you can do what needs to be done while wearing pajamas, then ROCK THE HECKA AWESOME SNOOPY PAJAMAS OH YEAH
My only advice would be that sometimes you can feel more productive if you specially get dressed for something (sometimes just changing into a different pair of pajamas will do the trick!)
That said, I’m also in love with how your pajamas, sweatshirt, and walls all match. That’s pretty awesome, well done.
This blog is wonderful, and full of encouraging words. Go visit it. You’ll love it, just as much as I did, I’m sure.
i’m watching high school musical 2 and
that is bro strider watering the grass and you will never convince me otherwise
In Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, a sixteen-year-old boy was standing on a bridge, threatening to jump off and end his life. Hundreds of onlookers watched in horror as he refused to cross back onto the safe side of the guardrail. Police had arrived and were talking to the boy, but no one could get through to him.
Just then, Liu Wenxiu, a nineteen-year-old hotel waitress, was walking home from work when she saw the boy and knew that she had to do something to help him. Wenxiu had once been suicidal herself, so she knew how the boy felt. Telling police that she was his girlfriend, the girl managed to get close enough to talk to the boy. She shared her own sad and difficult life story, listened to his, and showed him the scar on her wrist from where she had tried to commit suicide herself.
“He said he’s hopeless, ‘so don’t waste your time to save me’. But I told him, ‘I’m not saving your life, I just want you to realize how silly you are being. Look at me, I’ve been there and I’m now here,’” Wenxiu said.
Finally, the girl was able to lean in and give him a hug, and then she unexpectedly gave him a kiss, as well. Police were then able to take the knife that the boy was holding and lead him back over to the safe side of the bridge.
I’m putting this in my tag for cheering people up, because it’s that beautiful. Whatever journey you set out on, Totoro’s there to see you off.
Don’t watch this if you’re soaked in gasoline because it will warm your heart and you will burn to death and die.
Holy Jesus that was adorable
I love in the end when he just goes “I’m leaving” -starts to leave then the little quietly says “I love you”. awwwww
i have never been cheered up in less than a minute before now.
LITEREALLY CRYING BECAUSE SO CUTE
For all the artists out there. xoxo
I agree with Natasha! Make stuff even if it HURTS! <3
this is the most important thing i will ever reblog
1. Make a playlist of all your favorite songs, old ones you may have totally forgotten about from middle school or ones that bring back good memories.
2. Take a walk outside. I find I only start to feel worse and wallow if I let myself melt into my bed and engage in the bad feelings.
3. Organize your drawers or closet. It feels good to be productive when you feel like a worthless idiot on the inside. You can look at your clean clothes and feel like a human again.
4. Eat something decadent. Make an ice cream sundae or smores. They’re not just for camping!
5. Go through your phone and delete anyone you no longer talk to or anyone who sucks and makes your life worse.
6. Draw. I have a stack of paper and some colored pencils for just such an occasion. It’s relaxing and fun and won’t stress you out.
7. Call your best friend. No one talks on the phone anymore. I hate it. Let’s all talk in voices!
8. Get some sparkly temporary tattoos and give yourself the weirdest tramp stamp ever. Or decorate your whole arm. Whatever. You know you loved it as a kid.
9. Re-read your favorite book. Highlight the passages that make you love it so much so you’ll never forget them.
10. Start watching “The Wire” or “Arrested Development,” whichever is more your speed at the moment. Indulge in some quality programming to remind yourself life is worth living and people still make good stuff.
11. Read everything you can find about your favorite sports team. If you’re not already, become an expert on the team’s history, statistics and players. It’ll take your mind off you for a while.
12. Go volunteer with animals in some way. Being around cuties and fluffies will brighten your mood, and so will helping those in need.
13. Write someone else a really nice email. Just an out-of-the-blue “thanks for being so great!” email. Why not?
14. Do some yoga poses. You can look them up online if you don’t know any. Try holding them and breathing slowly.
15. Go on Youtube and watch all the “fail” videos you can find. Be grateful you are not that person. Being you isn’t so bad!
16. Light some candles, turn off the lights and meditate for as long as you can hold it.
17. Or do the same and touch yourself. Have a little solo romance, among candles. Are you trying to seduce you?
18. Look up some family genealogy stuff on the internet. Did you know your great-great-great uncle owned a department store in Russia? Now you do! And hey, your ancestors probably had it a lot worse. Since you know, no plumbing and iPhones and stuff.
19. Futz around with your hair. Add some color or see what it would look like curly or in a beehive.
20. Do your make up. Make it look crazy or much thicker than you’d normally wear it. What would you look like as Amy Winehouse or Ke$ha? You’re in the comfort of your own home. Why not see?
21. Eat fruit. Fruit has sugars that can lift your mood. Go for the pineapple and blueberries. Or make yourself a smoothie.
22. If you have a journal, go back and read old entries. Remember all that stuff you cared about a year ago that now doesn’t matter?
23. Smile. Even if you don’t feel like it, sometimes moving the muscles in our face activates chemicals in our brains to lift our moods. Smiling when you don’t want to can actually help you feel better."
So I think the last thing I do on Tumblr before I go (last post will be the link to my mission blog for you folks) - since I really can’t afford to be on here much longer today; it’ll just make it harder to leave - will be to fill up my ‘You Are Worth It’ tag with the most uplifting stuff I can find. Thanks for all the fish, and I’ll see you on the other side of these 18 month. :)
I know what they’re trying to say but TECHNICALLY it already happened?
yea, that guy that played barty crouch junior would make a really great doctor
And maybe the rest of the cast could make guest appearences? Madame Hooch could be the last human or something. She’s so badass.
Narcissa Malfoy would make such a cool big fish from space. Just gonna put that idea out there.
Dobby could totally play the Doctor’s psycic-pollen-induced alter ego. Anyone with me?
Barty Crouch Senior would totally kill it as a Cyberman creator and controller. Just saying.
Ooooooh also, bear with me on this one, but Dumbledore would make such a good Scrooge-type character in a christmassy episode. Maybe featuring fish that swim in the sky? Just a thought.
You know what. When I think about it, Rufus Scrimgeour would make an excellent museum curator. I’m seeing something along the lines of Van Gogh.
I was thinking, Moaning Myrtle would be perfect for the role of a random-love-interest-whose-head-ends-up-in-a-paving-slab. Thoughts?
Actually, Mafalda Hopkirk could really grasp the role of some kind of nurse who falls in love with some kind of human incarnation of the Doctor. Maybe.
I feel like James Potter could really capture the role of a campaigner against the Ood slave-trade, who dies for his cause by being thrown into the giant Ood brain by the baddie. Y’know?
I just keep going back to Mafalda Hopkirk. She could so play a great - great granddaughter of her former character in like the final ever episode with the Tenth Doctor. I can just see it now.
I’ve been thinking about this one for ages: what if Filch played this guy who stole dinosaurs on a Silurian spaceship and ended up getting blown up?? That would be epic, he’d be so good in the role.
As impossible as it may seem, I think I laughed way too hard at this. xD
Wait wait wait… What about the guy who played Griphook and Flitwick? He would make a great emperor in disguise…
I have this strong feeling as though Arthur Weasley would play a great father to Rory. I don’t know, I could be wrong but it’s just this feeling that came to me.